Camille Powell focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation. Prior to joining the firm, Camille was an associate in the Dallas, Texas office of an international law firm where she represented clients in a broad range of litigation and related matters, including consumer protection and bankruptcy cases, civil and criminal investigations, regulatory inquiries, and corresponding compliance issues.
While attending law school, Camille served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Irma C. Ramirez in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District Texas where she researched legal issues and drafted orders concerning cases before the court and as an intern at Capital One, NA in Plano, Texas where she assisted attorneys in its home equity origination and mortgage servicing lines of business. Camille was Staff Editor of the SMU Science and Technology Law Review.
Prior to launching her legal career, Camille was an Academic Enrichment Specialist with Communities in Schools where she provided daily academic tutoring, group supervision, and enrichment activities for fourth and fifth grade students. She also mentored at-risk youths of all ages.
- *Represented national mortgage servicer in Telephone Consumer Protection Act and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act litigation matters.
- *Advised auto lending, mortgage lending, and credit card issuing financial institutions in compliance with the Bankruptcy Code, Fair Credit Reporting Act, Truth in Lending Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, and other consumer compliance statutes.
- *Defended financial institutions in litigation and contested matters asserting violations of the automatic stay and discharge injunction.
- *Experience gained by attorney prior to joining Kilpatrick Townsend
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D. (2016) cum laude
- University of North Texas, B.S., Criminal Justice (2012) magna cum laude, Dean’s List, President’s List
- Texas (2016)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas (2018)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas (2017)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas (2018)
Rate : $$$