Camilo Echavarria defends employers in single-plaintiff, multi-plaintiff, and class action cases involving wrongful termination, discrimination, retaliation, wage and hour issues, unfair competition, non-competes, and Unruh Act. In his appellate practice, Camilo has represented both appellants and appellees in state and federal courts, and has been successful in defending all grants of summary judgment that have been appealed.
His clients have included Bank of America, 24 Hour Fitness, Providence Health System, Kaiser Permanente, United Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Toyo Tires, Compass Group USA, and Target Corporation.
Camilo’s two decades of experience includes over three years as in-house counsel for NBC Universal, which gives him firsthand knowledge of cost-effective ways to partner with clients and provide responsive, results-oriented counsel. Camilo has developed numerous alternative fee arrangements for his corporate clients, enabling them to reduce legal spend and maintain budget predictability.
- Litigation Counsel, NBC Universal Inc., 2003-2006
- Litigation Associate, Morrison & Foerster LLP, 1997-2003
Professional & Community Activities:
- Diversity & Inclusion Committee, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Associate Development Partner, Employment Practice Group, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Board of Directors, California Minority Counsel Program
- Board of Trustees, Mexican American Bar Foundation
- Board of Directors, LK Health, a nonprofit clinic providing medical care to underrepresented populations in Los Angeles
- Regional President, Southern California, Hispanic National Bar Association, 2014-2016
- Entertainment Committee, Media Law Resource Center (MLRC)
- Cornell in Hollywood Alumni Association
- New York University Law Alumni Association
- J.D., New York University School of Law
- B.A., Government, Economics, Cornell University, magna cum laude
Rate : $$$$