Canby Cohen is a senior associate in the San Francisco office with over five years working on global equity issues in addition to three years of experience in commercial litigation. She routinely assists international clients implement stock plans worldwide.
Ms. Cohen is a member of the American Bar Association, the San Francisco Bar Association and the National Association of Stock Plan Professionals. Ms. Cohen advises multinational corporations on securities law, tax, labor law, data privacy and exchange control compliance issues related to their equity compensations programs.
She regularly assists employers in designing, implementing and managing equity-based compensation programs — including stock purchase plans — for employees, consultants and directors. She also counsels companies regarding the impact of spin-off or other corporate adjustments on their equity programs.
- University of San Francisco (J.D. cum laude) (2001)
- University of California at Berkeley (B.A.) (1998)
Admissions : California~United States (2001)
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- National Association of Stock Plan Professionals
- American Bar Association
- San Francisco Bar Association
Representative Legal Matters:
- Advised on legal and tax issues relating to employee equity award programs and a company located in over 100 countries.
- Routinely assist companies with international securities and exchange control filings worldwide.
- Advised on consequences of companies’ spin offs relating to international tax and compliance issues.
- Provided advice on companies modifying or discontinuing employee equity awards outside of the US.
Rate : $$$