Cara L. Gagliano is a litigator specializing in trademark and trade dress matters, with an emphasis on enforcement and litigation. Cara’s other areas of focus include false advertising, copyright, privacy, defamation, anti-SLAPP, and First Amendment law.
A dedicated member of the firm’s pro bono committee, Cara also maintains a substantial and diverse pro bono practice.
- Represents a major retail grocery chain and a niche glassware company in all aspects of their trademark and brand enforcement and protection activities
- Represents a major retail grocery chain in high-profile litigation involving claims of trademark infringement and dilution (W.D. Wash.)
- Represents a major footwear company in a trademark and trade dress infringement action (D. Or.)
- Represents a leading manufacturer of solar power system components in competitor false advertising and trademark infringement action (N.D. Cal.)
- Successfully obtained dismissal of copyright and trademark infringement claims for two music distribution services (S.D.N.Y.)
- Pro Bono Engagements:
- Successfully obtained writ of habeas corpus ordering new parole hearing for inmate incarcerated as a juvenile
- Represents El Salvadoran victim of domestic violence in connection with asylum application
- Submitted amicus brief addressing the application of the Fourth Amendment to digital data on behalf of leading civil liberties organizations
- Advised independent filmmakers on potential liability for using secretly filmed footage of controversial lobbyist’s cell phone conversation
- US District Court for the Northern District of California
- New York University School of Law, J.D., 2015
- Northwestern University, B.A., Linguistics, 2011
Rate : $$$