Cara H. Jarrell has a diverse practice with a primary focus in the area of business litigation. Ms. Jarrell plays a vital role in litigation matters through her experience with the review, identification, and analysis of electronically stored information.
Participating in the Center for Nonprofit Excellence, Ms. Jarrell has experience providing services to a variety of local and regional nonprofits, providing start-up advice, policy and procedure development, litigation avoidance counseling, board governance, and being a trusted advisor when day-to-day legal questions arise.
Ms. Jarrell is the former Executive Director of the Department of Revenue, Office of Property Valuation for the Commonwealth of Kentucky where she directed and managed employees in all types of personnel matters. She also assisted in drafting regulations and reviewing proposed legislation.
- Assisted nonprofit clients with issues related to governance, including board member education regarding legal duties and responsibilities, conflicts of interest guidance, and adherence to bylaws
- Assisted nonprofit organization in its initial formation, including all required state, local, and federal document submissions
- Drafted legally compliant governing documents, including articles of incorporation, bylaws, and conflict of interest policies
- Reviewed and analyzed legal issues involving medical device litigation and class action suits involving product liability to assist in preparation of expert witness deposition testimony
- Analyzed documents in business litigation, product liability litigation, tort and insurance defense and antitrust litigation for relevance, privilege, confidentiality and sensitivity and provided summarized information in a workable form to assist in the discovery process
- Presented an oral argument involving a labor and employment dispute before the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- J.D. University of Louisville, Brandeis School of Law
- B.A. University of Louisville
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louisville Bar Association
- Brandeis Law Journal
- Leadership Kentucky, Class of 2017
- Citizens Foster Care Review Board Member
Rate : $$$