Carl Staiger concentrates his practice in business law and taxation, with an emphasis in oil and gas matters. Carl has extensive experience involving business and tax planning for commercial transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, as well as planning involving partnerships, S corporations and other closely held businesses. He also represents taxpayers in connection with tax disputes involving the Internal Revenue Service, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and City of Pittsburgh.
He represents oil and gas producers and midstream companies operating in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia and Oklahoma in connection with the acquisition and disposition of oil and gas assets, including the negotiation of joint development and exploration agreements, gas gathering and processing agreements, physical gas trading and marketing agreements, including NAESB, ISDA with Gas Annex and related contracts, mineral conveyances, title certification and diligence, IADC drilling contracts, farmout agreements, services agreements, pipeline rights of way and other agreements related to joint ventures.
He has consecutively been named to the Pittsburgh Business Times’ “Who’s Who in Energy” list, a compilation of southwestern Pennsylvania-based key players in the energy industry. As part of his oil and gas practice, Carl has represented oil and gas operators and producers in Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia and Oklahoma.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, LL.M., 2001, Taxation
- Widener University School of Law, J.D., 1993, cum laude
- Rutgers College – Camden, B.S., 1990, cum laude; Dean’s list; Member of Athenaeum Honor Society, Accounting
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Independent Oil & Gas Association (PIOGA)
- Ohio Oil & Gas Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- West Virginia Bar Association
Rate : $$$$