Carl D. Roston serves as Co-Chair of Akerman’s Corporate Practice Group. Ranked by Chambers USA, which notes Carl does “very sophisticated, high-level deals,” he represents private equity funds, public and private companies and large family offices in domestic and cross border acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, joint ventures, co-investments, growth capital investments, debt and equity financings, and securities offerings.
He represents portfolio companies of private equity clients and other companies in their corporate transactions, and effectively serves as their outside general counsel. Carl also represents investors and companies in distressed corporate situations, including out of court and in court distressed acquisitions (including under Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code), investments, restructurings, recapitalizations, reorganizations, and workouts.
He represents clients in sectors such as aerospace, aviation, defense, technology, software, telecommunications, distribution, supply chain and logistics, manufacturing, retail, energy, healthcare, financial services, consumer products, and industrial and business services.
Carl’s clients include leading middle market private equity funds and their portfolio companies, a publicly-traded company that is the world’s leading distributor and value added service provider of aerospace fasteners and consumables, a provider of services and products for the oil and gas industry, a publicly-traded diversified holding company, a publicly-traded global designer, manufacturer, and supplier of aerospace, defense, and electronic-related products and services, the largest branded manufacturer of tobacco in its category in North America, and a global leader in private markets investing with more than $300 billion under management and advisement.
- M.B.A., University of Florida, 1988, MBA Teaching Fellow
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 1988, cum laude, Order of the Coif, The Florida Law Review, Managing Editor and Associate Tax Editor
- B.S., University of Florida, 1985, cum laude
Bar Admissions : Florida
- Florida Institute for the Commercialization of Public Research, Board Member, 2010
- Ernst & Young, Judge, Entrepreneur of the Year Awards, 2005-2008
- Florida Venture Forum, Chairman, 2004 and Florida Venture Conference, Co-Chairman, 2008
- Florida Venture Forum, Board Member, 2000-present, Vice-Chair, 2003
- Governor Jeb Bush’s IT Task Force, Legal Venture Capital Advisor, 1999-2000
- University of Florida Foundation, Private Equity Advisory Council, Chairman, 2001-2009, Member 2009-Present and Corporate/Foundation Advisory Council, 2001-Present
- University of Florida Foundation, Board of Directors, 2001-2009
- Association of Public Corporations, Board of Directors, 1994-2000
Rate : $$$$