Carla Peacher-Ryan has extensive experience representing lenders and borrowers in commercial loans, multi-state lending transactions, loans secured by real estate and all personal property categories, transactions involving the purchase and sale of real estate, loan workouts, leasing transactions, and securitization transactions involving various asset categories.
Based in the Memphis office, Ms. Peacher-Ryan’s national practice involves matters of commercial finance, real estate transactions, opinion letters, and mergers and acquisitions. She also has dealt extensively with financing issues related to health care and has worked on a number of factoring deals, as well as aircraft and maritime loans.
Ms. Peacher-Ryan’s opinion practice deals with a variety of issues that arise in a transactional practice, such as interest and usury issues, choice of law, Tennessee recording tax issues and miscellaneous UCC issues.
As a member of the Firm’s Opinion Letter Committee, she is able to keep up with all the latest information, cases and trends in a practice that has become increasingly more specialized.
She frequently acts as the point person for the Baker Donelson transaction team, overseeing and coordinating the opinions from lawyers in our various offices across the Southeast, resulting in a more efficient and effective opinion process for the client.
Ms. Peacher-Ryan is also actively involved with community development work on a pro bono basis. She currently serves as pro bono counsel to Community LIFT, a community development intermediary, as well as River City Capital, a Community Development Financial Institutions Program (CDFI) in Memphis, two organizations that are working to bring resources to our under-served communities.
- University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, J.D., 1983
- University of Memphis, B.A., 1978
ADMISSIONS : Tennessee, 1983
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Lynching Sites Project of Memphis, Board of Directors (2016 – present)
- Memphis Center City Revenue Finance Corp., Board Member (2010 – 2017), Secretary (2011 – 2013), Vice Chair (2014 – 2017)
- Leadership Memphis, Class of 2010
- Community Legal Center, Board of Directors (2005 – 2009), President (2006 – 2008)
- Pro Bono Legal Counsel – Community LIFT and River City Capital
- Member – Tennessee Lawyers Association for Women
- Member – Association for Women Attorneys
Rate : $$$$