Carlos R. Cortez, former judge of the 44th Texas State Civil District Court, practices primarily in the areas of civil litigation and personal injury. He is admitted to practice in the State of Texas and U.S. District Court – Northern District of Texas. He attended the University of North Texas, where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice.
Mr. Cortez obtained his J.D. from Texas Wesleyan School of Law. Mr. Cortez was an award winning judge for the State of Texas from 2007-2014 and served on a Presidential Inaugural Committee, presided over the largest corporate buyout lawsuit in the history of American jurisprudence and was presented the Medal of Friendship by the President of Mongolia at the United Nations for his judicial service.
His profession affiliations include the State Bar of Texas; U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas; Dallas Bar Association and Dallas Trial Lawyers Association.
- Texas, 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2003
- Texas Wesleyan University School of Law, Irving, Texas, J.D. – June, 1995
- University of North Texas, Denton, Texas, B.S. – 1990
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 1996 – 2017
- Dallas Bar Association, Member, 1996 – 2016
Rate : $$$$