Carlos A. Garcia’ practice focuses primarily on Latin American and other cross-border transactions. Carlos has significant experience in a variety of transactions including acquisitions, sovereign and corporate securities issuances, and corporate and project financings.
- Represented a fintech company focused on consumer financing in connection with $100 million revolving loan.
- Represented a trade financing company serving clients in Latin America in connection with $60 million syndicated asset backed revolving line of credit.
- Represented a major U.S. bank in connection with a $20 million revolving loan to a health care services group.
- Represented a major international bank in loan to various Peruvian affiliates of a large US energy company.
- Represented a multilateral financial institution in connection with Mexican Peso loan to a Mexican financial institution.
- Represented lender in connection with loan to Chilean borrower.
- Represented borrower in financing relating to acquisition in Latin America.
- Represented underwriters in initial public offering of over $100 million.
- Represented initial purchaser and placement agent in connection with over $100 million private offering of common stock.
- Represented Anglo American plc in connection with the project finance development of the Minas Rio iron ore mining project in Brazil.
- Represented underwriters in various SEC-registered bond offerings by the United Mexican States.
- Represented underwriters in the Rule 144A and Regulation S placement by the Central American Bank for Economic Integration (CABEI) US $500 million principal amount of 5.375% notes due 2014.
- Represented Chilean paper and pulp company Empresas CMPC S.A. and affiliate in connection with a Rule 144A and Regulation S placement of U.S. $500 million principal amount of 6.125% Guaranteed Notes due 2019.
- Represented publicly traded technology company in acquisitions in the United States and Latin America.
- JD, University of Chicago Law School, 2008
- BA, International Affairs, The George Washington University, 2005
- New York
Rate : $$$