Carlos P. Villota’s practice focuses on corporate debt matters, with an emphasis on domestic and international lending, debt-restructuring, syndicated loan purchases and sales, public financings and other finance transactions.Mr. Villota represents corporations, investment funds, banks, trustees and other financial institutions in connection with secured and unsecured credit facilities, note purchase agreements, private placements and restructuring transactions. In addition, he represents trustees in connection with bond offerings and banks and investment funds in relation to the purchase and sale of syndicated loans. Mr. Villota is currently a member of the Dallas office’s diversity committee.
Mr. Villota received his B.S. in biology in 1983 from Barry University and his M.B.A. summa cum laude in 1994 from the University of West Florida, where he was a member of Phi Kappa Phi. He received his J.D. with honors in 1997 from the University of Florida Levin School of Law, where he was a member of the Florida Journal of Law and Public Policy from 1996 to 1997.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Villota was an officer and pilot in the U.S. Navy from 1986 to 1994. He received numerous commendations, including the Navy Commendation Medal for outstanding service during Operation Desert Storm. Mr. Villota is a member of the State Bar of Texas.
- Mr. Villota’s recent engagements include:
- a $1.3 billion secured credit facility and a $200 million offering of senior subordinated notes for an international motion picture exhibitor
- representing an Argentine gaming company in connection with a $250 million note issuance through a Medium Term Note Programme
- a $350 million secured credit facility for a domestic energy company
- representing a media company in the restructuring of a $235 million secured credit facility
- secured, unsecured and subordinated financing for numerous investment fund portfolio companies
- financing for acquisition of London based music catalogues for an entertainment company
- representing the trustee on an $400 million 144A offering for a public energy company
- representing numerous purchasers and sellers of syndicated debt under LSTA based documentation.
- Mr. Villota is involved in numerous community and charitable activities including St. Rita Catholic church and School, Sisters of Charity and numerous pro bono matters.
- J.D., University of Florida College of Law, with honors, 1997
- M.B.A., University of West Florida, summa cum laude, 1994
- B.S., Barry University, 1983
Rate : $$$$