Carol A. Hogan is recognized as a leading practitioner, stand up trial lawyer, and highly skilled negotiator in complex, high-stakes product liability matters. She is one of the founding members of the Jones Day Chicago Office having built a successful product liability litigation practice over nearly three decades. Creativity, tenacity, and total client loyalty are Carrie’s specialties. Carrie is a big picture problem solver who is not afraid to take on projects that others may see as overwhelming.
Carrie tried more than 25 cases in state and federal courts across the country as well as argued numerous appeals in both state and federal courts. Clients turn to her in catastrophic injury cases often times involving complex scientific subject matter. Carrie’s strength, among others, is her ability to dismantle the expert testimony of her opponents.
She has defended the Firm’s top clients oftentimes in contentious or unpopular litigation including smoker cases and lead paint litigation. She also acts as national coordinating counsel in litigation on behalf of one of the country’s leading diagnostic laboratories.
Carrie sits on the board of The Night Ministry, one of Chicago’s oldest and most respected service organizations. She also has been appointed as a hearing officer for the Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Committee since 2013. Carrie is also the former president of the Women’s Bar Foundation, having held that title from 2010 to 2012.
- Loyola University Chicago (J.D. cum laude 1989; Law Review);
- University of Illinois (B.A. 1986)
- U.S. Supreme Court;
- U.S. District Courts for the Central and Northern Districts of Illinois, Indiana, and Eastern District of Wisconsin; and
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Seventh, Ninth, and Eleventh Circuits
- Lab Corp wins partial summary judgment in product liability litigation
- Duchossois Group obtains dismissal of products liability lawsuit over misplaced garage door control button
- R.J. Reynolds seeks reduction in 2003 settlement payments
- Sherwin-Williams summary judgment win in St. Louis lead paint case is affirmed by Missouri Supreme Court
- LabCorp defends against nationwide litigation involving Pap smear tests
- Bernard Haldane Associates defends against Attorney General action alleging violations of Illinois Consumer Fraud Act
- Sherwin-Williams wins dismissal of City of Chicago public nuisance complaint
- TRW files TRO to enjoin website posting of hateful material about executives
- TRW successfully resolves Illinois state wide class action alleging violations of the FCRA
Rate : $$$