Carol Brophy is a seasoned litigator representing clients in environmental law, administrative law, and state and federal litigation. She represents a wide range of companies in matters involving federal and California laws including Proposition 65, California Unfair Trade Practice (UCL), the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, the California Clean Air Act, the Porter-Cologne Water Quality Act, the California Environmental Quality Act, and other state and local regulations.
Carol’s background as both an engineer and an environmental assessor enables her to apply these skills to not only the legal aspects of compliance, but the scientific and technical aspects as well. She has extensive experience developing cost-effective compliance solutions for manufacturers and chemical processors, working both with clients’ in-house technical staff and consulting scientists.
Carol also assists multinational companies in meeting the complex product importation, labeling, and formulation requirements imposed by US and international law. She provides assistance to clients in negotiating permit limits and defending compliance orders.
- San Francisco Bar Association, Environmental Law Section
- San Francisco Bar Association, Litigation Section
- State Bar of California Association
- American Bar Association, Administrative Law Section
- American Bar Association, National Resources and the Environment Section
- J.D., Southwestern University School of Law, 1991
- M.F.A., Yale University, 1975
- A.B., Stanford University, 1968
Rate : $$$