Carol L. Schoffel Faber has extensive experience representing clients in a wide range of real estate transactions, including financing, leasing, and acquisition and sale transactions.
Her financing experience includes representing borrowers and lenders in mortgage loans, ranging from several million dollars to hundreds of millions of dollars, on vacant land and developed property of all kinds, including industrial property, office buildings, shopping centers, hotels, condominiums, and apartment buildings, as well as construction loans, real estate related asset-based loans, leasehold mortgages, securitized loans, mezzanine loans, and loan participations.
She also has extensive experience representing institutional lenders and holders of debt (including portfolios purchased from the FDIC) in loan workouts, restructures, forbearances, short sales, sales of loan documents, re-sales after foreclosure, deed-in-lieu transactions, and commercial foreclosures, having been involved in hundreds of millions of dollars of distressed property transactions including loan and judgment sales.
Carol has also handled millions of square feet of leases, frequently representing landlords and tenants in office, industrial, and retail leases, as well as in ground leases, leases of schools, spa facilities, airport facilities, and performance venues, with experience in assignments, subleases, renewals, relocations, telecommunications agreements, work agreements for build-out of space, and subordination, non-disturbance, and attornment (SNDA) agreements.
Carol also represents foreign individuals and companies in real estate and international and domestic business transactions. Carol was recognized twice among Real Estate Forum’s Women of Influence (2011 and 2017) as one of 50 women real estate professionals chosen nationally for this award.
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1983, cum laude, University of Miami Law Review, Articles and Comments Editor
- B.A., University of Florida, 1980
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- University of Miami School of Law Real Property Development LLM Program Advisory Board, Member
- Women Innovating Now (WIN) Lab Miami Advisory Board, Chair
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC), Member
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Member; Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section, Member
- The Florida Bar, Business Law Section, Member; Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section, Member
- Miami-Dade County Bar Association, Member
- Urban Land Institute (ULI), Southeast Florida/Caribbean District Council, Past Executive Committee Member
- Greater Miami Jewish Federation, South Dade Branch, Past Board Member
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers (FAWL), Miami-Dade County Chapter, Past Director and Member
- Judicial Campaign of Robin W. Faber, Campaign Manager and Treasurer
Rate : $$$$