Carol W. Starnes focuses her practice on M&A, corporate governance, and general corporate matters. She advises public and private companies on domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and corporate restructuring.
Carol also advises companies on matters related to takeover preparedness, shareholder activism, and board self-assessments and has represented early and growth stage companies during formation and financing transactions.
While in law school, Carol completed an in-house legal externship at a large chemical corporation in Atlanta where she gained work experience in regulatory compliance and employment matters.
She also spent a semester in a clinic advising several small start-up businesses on legal issues relating to entity formation and privacy. Before attending law school, Carol taught school for two years in the Mississippi Delta through Teach For America.
- University of Georgia (J.D. 2017; Executive Managing Editor, Georgia Law Review; B.S. in International Affairs 2012; Phi Beta Kappa)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Georgia
- Foreign investors initiate civil and criminal actions following multi-million embezzlement scheme
- Flowers Foods to acquire Canyon Bakehouse for $205 million
- Baker Hughes sells natural gas solutions business to First Reserve and Pietro Fiorentini
- Koch Methanol invests in YCI Methanol One and its $1.85 billion methanol production facility
- ArunA Biomedical issues $5.3 million of Common Stock in Reg D offering
- Southern Company sells Pivotal Home Solutions to American Water Works Company, Inc. for $363.7 million
- Southern Company to sell certain Florida assets to NextEra Energy for $6.5 billion
Rate : $$$$