Carol E. Thorstad-Forsyth provides guidance on the protection of intellectual property to clients that include major defense contractors and market leaders in global communications, consumer goods and network/software solutions.
As an attorney with a degree in electrical engineering, she is adept at handling all stages of patent work — application preparation and prosecution — related to software, electronic and mechanical innovative ideas or inventions.
She also handles patent search studies, infringement studies, patentability or (in)validity studies and freedom-to-operate studies. Carol also has experience handling trademark and copyright registrations. She has experience reviewing, revising and/or drafting various types of agreements.
Prior to joining Fox, Carol was an associate with Darby & Darby where she handled patent and trademark prosecution matters, as well as patent search and freedom-to-operate studies. Before law school, Carol worked as an associate test engineer at Vicor Corporation in Andover, MA, designing and maintaining test equipment for module power supplies.
- New England School of Law (J.D., 2004)
- Boston University (B.S.E.E., 2000)
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers, Co-Chair of the Community Service Committee (2017, 2018)
- Palm Beach County Bar Association, Intellectual Property CLE Committee 2011
- Florida Atlantic University Business Plan Competition Sponsor 2012, and Entrepreneur Attorney In Residence Mentor 2012-2016
- Daughters of the American Revolution, Palm Beach Chapter (Current Member) and DAR Scholarship Committee Member
COURT ADMISSIONS : U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
BAR ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
Rate : $$$$