Carolina A. Alonso’s practice is focused on privacy and data protection. She has experience with children’s and student data, as well as biometric and genetic data. Innovative and forward-thinking, Carolina encourages companies to self-regulate and guides them in using best practices when creating privacy policies.
Her experience includes positions related to policy-making, the government, and nonprofit and for-profit entities. She uses these perspectives to address issues from all sides and tailor the appropriate outcome for clients.
Carolina also has general experience in intellectual property issues, having advised companies and individuals on copyright infringement and fair use. Before joining BakerHostetler, Carolina worked in law and policy at a number of technology-centric organizations, including the Future of Privacy Forum, Public Knowledge, Yahoo and Facebook.
- Aided in drafting privacy policies for large and small educational technology companies in different corporate life stages for compliance with the Student Privacy Pledge, a self-regulatory student privacy system.
- Worked on legal compliance and related risk issues relevant to a large financial institution outsourcing services to cloud service providers.
- Represented a nonprofit organization focused on the rights of a group of disabled people in Federal Communications Commission (FCC) filings pertaining to media accessibility.
- For a large media company, provided insight into advertising regulations surrounding social media influencers.
- American Bar Association
- IAPP Information Privacy Professional
- Georgetown Gilbert & Sullivan Society
- Lynbrook High School Mock Trial Team: Assistant Coach (2012 to 2015)
- Commissioned Painter
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center, 2016; Georgetown Entertainment and Media Alliance Law Division: Media Law Committee (2013 to 2014)
- B.S., Political Science, University of California, Davis, 2012; UC Davis Mock Trial Team: Founding Member, Captain, Attorney, Witness (2009 to 2012); All-Region Outstanding Witness Award (2010)
Admissions : California
Rate : $$$$