Caroline E. Chan is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Appellate Practice. Ms. Chan is an accomplished appellate lawyer and has been certified as a specialist in appellate law by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization for many years. In order to become a certified specialist, she passed a day long written examination and fulfilled briefing, oral argument and other requirements.
For over 20 years, the primary focus of Ms. Chan’s practice has been on civil appeals, writs, and dispositive trial court motions. She has also served as a strategic advisor to clients and trial counsel in complex matters.
Ms. Chan’s experience includes filing over 200 appellate briefs, writs, and petitions in the United States Supreme Court, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, the California Supreme Court and the California Courts of Appeal. The areas covered include products liability, toxic torts, premises liability, professional liability, commercial litigation, common interest development, insurance, class actions, bankruptcy, arbitration, intellectual property, real estate, consumer law, anti-SLAPP, and employment.
Ms. Chan has extensive trial court experience in the areas of products liability, toxic torts, commercial litigation, real estate, premises liability, professional liability, insurance, and unfair competition. This includes two cases where she cochaired a trial.
Before joining the firm, Ms. Chan worked as a judicial research attorney in the Court of Appeal of the Second Appellate District for the State of California.
- Boston University School of Law, Dual Degree Program, Juris Doctor, 1990
- Boston University School of Public Health, Dual Degree Program, Master of Public Health, 1991
- Washington University in St. Louis, Bachelor of Arts, 1987
Admissions : State Bar Admissions, California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association Appellate Courts Section
- Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association
- State Bar Committee on Appellate Courts (2007-2010)
- Asian Business League of Southern California (Member of the Board of Directors, 1994-2000).
Rate : $$$