Caroline A. Harcourt, a partner in Pillsbury’s Real Estate practice, represents owners, lenders, investors, developers and tenants in all aspects of commercial real estate. Caroline advises on acquisitions and dispositions of property, development projects including large mixed-use development projects, financing transactions, joint ventures, leases, condominium projects and hotel management and franchise arrangements.
She has also represented large institutional investors in connection with the origination, securitization and sale of mortgage and mezzanine loans, the negotiation of intercreditor or co-lender agreements among participants in complex debt stacks, and the workout and restructuring of such arrangements.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented a joint venture between Fifth Street Properties and a major pension fund in its purchase of 787 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY for approximately $2 billion and, concurrently, in obtaining $1 billion in financing.
- Represented corporate end user in connection with the development of Time Warner Center, including the purchase and sale agreement for the site, joint venture arrangements, development agreements, construction and construction management agreements, construction loan documentation and condominium documents.
- Represented investment banks in the origination, securitization and sale of mortgage and mezzanine loans in excess of $6 billion in total value.
- Represented real estate investor in the sale of a 49 percent interest in 1211 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY – and formation of a private REIT to hold title to the building.
- Represented owner and operator of Manhattan hotel properties in connection with the creation of ground leases for (and the sale of land under) each hotel.
- Represented real estate opportunity fund in the formation of a joint venture to recapitalize an existing multi-family project.
- Represented large pension fund in structuring and negotiating real estate joint venture agreements, for real estate investments made throughout the United States.
Associations : Former president of WX, New York Women Executives in Real Estate
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law, 1986
- B.A., Princeton University, 1982
ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$$