Caroline G. Root’s practice focuses on federal income tax law, with emphasis on the tax aspects of REITs, asset securitization, REMICs, mutual funds, private investment funds, other financial products and international investment transactions.
- Assisted in structuring and providing tax opinions for a large number of REIT formation and REIT M&A transactions.
- Performed due diligence for issuers and underwriters in connection with initial public offerings and secondary public offerings of equity and debt securities of REITs.
- Advised issuers regarding tax issues in connection with public and private offerings of equity and debt securities.
- Represented buyers and sellers in real property transactions using creative tax-planning strategies, including REIT operating partnership units and like-kind exchanges.
- Experience with financial products and capital markets transactions.
- JD, Vanderbilt University Law School, Member, Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law, 1995
- BA, English and French Literature, University of Virginia, with distinction, Phi Beta Kappa, 1992
- US District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- Member, American Bar Association, Tax Section, Financial Transactions Committee and Real Estate Committee
Rate : $$$