Caroline Hickey Zalka is a partner in Weil’s Securities Litigation practice. She focuses on litigation of securities, derivative, and complex business matters at the trial and appellate levels in both federal and state courts, and before arbitration panels.
Ms. Zalka also has extensive experience advising in connection with internal investigations as well as federal, state, and foreign governmental and regulatory investigations, including those commenced by the Department of Justice, the Securities and Exchange Commission, the New York District Attorney’s Office and the New York Attorney General’s Office.
She also is involved in counseling boards of directors, board committees, and senior management with respect to a broad range of matters, including securities, corporate governance, disclosure, and regulatory issues.
Recent experience includes:
- Aéropostale – representation of clothing retailer Aéropostale in securities class action relating to its quarterly earnings projections.
- General Electric – representation of GE, its senior officers and directors in securities class action arising out of the 2008 financial crisis.
- Lululemon – representation of clothing retailer lululemon athletica, inc., its senior officers and directors in securities class action and shareholder derivative actions.
- Massey Energy – representation of Advisory Committee of the Board and a Committee member in connection with shareholder demand and litigation arising out of 2010 mining incident.
- Sanofi – representation of Sanofi and its wholly-owned subsidiary Genzyme Corporation and certain of their senior executives in federal securities class actions.
- VOXX International – representation of VOXX and its CEO and CFO in federal securities class action.
Rate : $$$$