Carolyn M. Kershner focuses her practice on foreign and domestic income tax planning and litigation, state and local tax planning and litigation, corporate and cross-border transactions, employee benefits and executive compensation, not-for-profit and tax-exempt organizations, and estate planning for U.S. and non-U.S. citizens.
Prior to her legal career, Carolyn performed product development and actuarial analysis services for Tower Hill Insurance Group, Inc. where she was involved in hurricane modeling, rate-making, and designing new insurance products.
- J.D., University of Florida Levin College of Law, 2005, magna cum laude, award-winning member of the Florida Law Review; Director of the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program; Probate Court Extern in the Eighth Judicial Circuit Probate Division
- B.S., University of Florida, Mathematics, 1997, with Honors, Member of Phi Beta Kappa
Bar Admissions : Florida
Court Admissions : U.S. Tax Court
- Florida Breast Cancer Foundation, Inc., Past Founding Director and Past Chair of the Board of Directors
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association, Local Bar Member, Law in the Library Committee, Member, 2012-Present
- University of Florida Law Alumni Council, Council Member, 2012-present
- Greater Fort Lauderdale Tax Council, Inc., Member, Director and Secretary, 2006-2012
- Helping Abused, Neglected, Disadvantaged Youth, Inc. (HANDY), Past Board Member, Secretary; Next Generation Committee, Chairperson, Secretary; Kathie’s Classic Committee, Member; Voices for Children Committee, Liaison, 2009-2011
- Società Dante Alighieri of Miami, Inc., Member, 2008-2011
Rate : $$$$