As an associate on the firm’s capital finance and real estate team, Carolyn M. Ruiz assists clients with commercial real estate transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, development, real estate financing and commercial leasing.
Carolyn is active in her community, volunteering at the Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program (DVAP) legal aid clinics and representing pro bono clients in immigration matters through the Human Rights Initiative and in cases brought under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction. She is admitted to practice in the US District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
- Represented an institutional lender in connection with the origination of a $65 million mortgage loan and a $65 million mezzanine loan, secured by a fee and leasehold interest in a corporate campus in Washington.
- Represented a global private equity firm in multiple real estate dispositions of collateral in multiple jurisdictions throughout the United States, of various real estate product types, including office buildings, retail centers and apartment complexes.
- Assisted with real estate due diligence in connection with the origination of a $13.7 million mortgage loan secured by a 268-unit multifamily property located in Texas.
- Pro bono activities include representing clients on U visa petitions, counseling low-income housing tenants faced with landlord-tenant disputes, and translating on any and all pro bono matters.
- JD, Harvard Law School, Executive Editor, Harvard Latino Law Review, 2016
- BA, The University of Texas at Arlington, summa cum laude, 2013
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Hispanic Bar Association
Rate : $$$$