Carrie Hoffman represents and counsels major employers nationwide in all areas of labor and employment law across a wide range of industries, including retail. Carrie is highly regarded for her experience with wage and hour issues, as well as employment discrimination and retaliation claims.
She regularly reviews and drafts employment agreements – such as covenants not to compete – and advises clients on a wide variety of labor and employment issues, such as:
- Workplace safety
- Workplace harassment
- Union avoidance and election campaigns
- Leaves of absence
- Hiring, termination and severance policies and procedures
- Litigation avoidance
Carrie has defended clients throughout the United States in major employment litigation, at both the federal and state court level, including class and collective actions.
She also represents employers in investigations and audits by agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Texas Workforce Commission, the National Labor Relations Board and the Department of Labor.
Clients have a high regard for Carrie’s knowledge of wage and hour laws, as well as her practical approach to problem solving and direct manner.
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law (1993), with honors
- B.A., Baylor University (1990), magna cum laude
- Texas State Courts (1993)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona (1996)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado (1997)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit (1996)
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Board Certified, Labor and Employment Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Wage and Hour Defense Institute
Rate : $$$