Carrie L. Huff has practiced more than 25 years at Haynes and Boone representing clients in complex commercial litigation. Carrie has extensive experience in securities and shareholder litigation, class actions, fiduciary disputes and professional ethics/liability of lawyers.
Carrie frequently represents corporations and their officers and directors in defending shareholder derivative suits and securities class actions. Carrie also has defended class actions involving a variety of claims such as alleged breach of contract, negligence and statutory violations.
In addition, Carrie has defended trustees against claims alleging breach of fiduciary duties and other claims of trust management. For example, Carrie has successfully represented the trustees of two large Texas family trusts in multi-court litigation against allegations of mismanagement, breaches of fiduciary duty and civil RICO violations related to the sale of a trust-owned corporation. This frequent headline-grabbing family dispute was resolved through a global settlement of related litigation in federal, state district and probate courts.
Carrie also has represented lawyers and law firms in malpractice suits and disqualification proceedings. Carrie advises outside and in-house counsel regarding ethical issues such as conflicts of interest, attorney-client privilege and the unauthorized practice of law.
In addition to practicing law, Carrie is active in the legal profession and the community. Carrie frequently speaks and writes on topics relating to securities issues, corporate governance, attorney-client privilege and ethics. Carrie served many years on the Council for the State Bar of Texas Antitrust and Business Litigation section. As an avid arts supporter, Carrie also enjoys serving on the Board of the Dallas Winds.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 1988, cum laude; Notes and Comments Editor, The Journal of Air Law & Commerce; Order of the Coif; The Barristers
- B.S., Business Administration (Accounting), Drake University, 1985, summa cum laude
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Barefoot Sanders, United States District Judge, Northern District of Texas, 1988-89
ADMISSIONS : Texas
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
Rate : $$$$