Caryn C. Lederer is a Partner of Hughes Socol Piers Resnick & Dym, Ltd. She represents clients in a wide variety of complex litigation matters, with a focus on civil rights, constitutional law, class actions, labor and employment, and whistleblower litigation.
Ms. Lederer also advises individuals, organizations, non-profit institutions, and corporations on issues such as employment and discrimination law, including drafting policies and employee manuals. She joined the firm in 2010.
Before joining the firm, Ms. Lederer worked with the Special Litigation Unit at New York Legal Assistance Group, where she litigated class actions challenging systemic violations of low-income New Yorkers’ rights to government benefits and services and engaged in advocacy and impact litigation on behalf of immigrants, people with disabilities, and consumers. Ms. Lederer also previously worked as a litigation associate at Weil, Gotshal, & Manges in New York City.
During law school, Ms. Lederer served as an Executive Editor of the Journal of Law and Politics and participated in the International Human Rights Law Clinic. Following law school, she worked in the Office of the Prosecutor at the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda in Tanzania.
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D. 2004)
- Brandeis University (B.A. 2000)
BAR ADMISSIONS : Illinois (2011); New York (2005)
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
MEMBERSHIPS / ASSOCIATIONS :
- Member, Illinois State Bar Association
- Member, Young Professionals Board, Legal Assistance Foundation of Metropolitan Chicago (LAF)
- Member, National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA)
- Member, Illinois Taskforce on Human Trafficking
- Member, Taxpayers Against Fraud
- Member, Professional Women’s Club of Chicago
- Writing Coach, Posse Foundation
Rate : $$$$