Casey Kurtz represents management clients in a wide range of labor and employment matters arising under both federal and state laws. His litigation experience includes appearing in court and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission to defend claims alleging: Wrongful discharge, Discrimination, Failure to provide reasonable accommodations, Harassment, Defamation.
In his traditional labor law practice, Casey represents companies in arbitrations, collective bargaining negotiations, union organizational campaigns and in various proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board.
He conducts in-house training sessions to help employers avoid employment-related liability. Casey most often works with clients in the following industries: retail, healthcare, higher education, manufacturing and transportation.
Casey is a frequent speaker on various labor and employment law topics before human resources professionals and other business groups. In law school, he was a managing editor of the University of Pittsburgh Law Review.
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, 1999
- B.A., Pennsylvania State University, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, Labor and Employment Law Section, Allegheny County Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Heartwood Institute, 2004-2014
Rate : $$$$