Cass Cook focuses his practice on domestic and international trademark and copyright prosecution and enforcement. His experience includes matters related to clearance, prosecution, licensing, portfolio management, brand development, enforcement, and litigation.
He counsels clients on the protection and enforcement of their proprietary interests and rights locally, domestically, and internationally including trademarks, copyrights, and domain names. He also handles issues of unfair competition, the right of publicity, anticybersquatting, and defamatory websites and geographical indications.
Clients turn to Cass for his ability to handle both litigation and transactional matters, from assisting clients with their general business needs to drafting and negotiating various agreements to managing disputes and arbitrations.
He has appeared before state and federal courts, administrative agencies including the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) and U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC), as well as arbitration forums including the National Arbitration Forum and the American Arbitration Association.
Cass has represented clients from a diverse set of industries, including the arts and media, electronics and software development, design and manufacturing, sports and recreation, medical products and services, apparel and accessories, luxury brands and hospitality services, financial and insurance services, publishing, technology, transportation, and entertainment.
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 2004
- Cambridge University, Emmanuel College, United Kingdom, Law Studies, 2002
- Wayne State University, B.A., 2001
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- American Bar Association, Member
- Michigan Bar Association, Member
- International Trademark Association, Member
- Intellectual Property Owners Organization, Member
- American Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
Rate : $$$$