Cassie Myatt is an associate in the Corporate Department of the Houston office of Seyfarth Shaw LLP. Ms. Myatt’s practice is focused on general business matters and transactions. She assists clients with sales, acquisitions, mergers, creation of new entities, and conversions of existing entities. Her transaction practice includes representation of healthcare clients including home health providers, durable medical equipment companies, and pharmacies in connection with sales and acquisitions.
In that capacity, she has assisted clients in all aspects of such transactions including: helping clients secure financing, conducting legal, operational and financial due diligence, ensuring compliance with healthcare regulations, negotiating and drafting asset or stock purchase agreements, drafting applicable ancillary agreements (bills of sale, stock assignments, promissory notes, security agreements, and related instruments), and assisting with closings and post-closing obligations.
Ms. Myatt has served on the board of directors for several nonprofit organizations. Ms. Myatt is a member of the Texas Pro Bono College, which recognizes attorneys who have far exceeded the State Bar’s pro bono goal. She also assists local nonprofits in matters pertaining to formation, governance, compliance, and obtaining their tax exempt status.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law (2013)
- Dillard Fellow (2011-2012)
- Articles Editor, Virginia Law and Business Review
- Nonprofit Organizations Clinic
- M.B.A., Texas Tech University Rawls College of Business, magna cum laude(2010)
- B.A., Texas Tech University, magna cum laude (2008)
- Honors Academic Excellence Award
- Amarillo Area Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
Rate : $$$