Catherine R. Afrooz concentrates her practice on acquisition, leasing, development, and real estate financing matters. Her experience includes closing New Markets Tax Credit deals as well as assisting clients with the development of mixed-use, multifamily, office, retail, public-private partnership, and hospitality projects.
As a law student, Cate clerked with the general counsel of Millcraft Investments, Inc., where she assisted with the development of several mixed-use projects in downtown Pittsburgh. She was also involved in CERCLA (Superfund) litigation as a law clerk with the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection.
Cate was selected to serve as a Legal Writing teaching assistant and was a published member of the University of Pittsburgh Journal of Technology Law & Policy. Cate also received the prestigious Dean’s Scholarship, Public Interest Scholarship and two C.A.L.I. Excellence Awards, and served on the board of the PITT Legal Income Sharing Foundation, a 501(c)(3).
- J.D., University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Environmental and Real Estate Law, 2016, CALI Awards for Excellence
- Certificate, University of California, Berkeley, [IN]Land Program, 2011
- B.A., University of Pittsburgh, Urban Studies; Sociology minor, 2010, magna cum laude
Bar Admissions : Florida; Texas
- Urban Land Institute (ULI), Southeast Florida/Caribbean District Council, Member
- Friends of the Underline, Young Professionals Committee Member
Rate : $$$$