Catherine E. Creely focuses her practice on a variety of investigation and litigation matters, including white collar criminal defense, government investigations and complex civil litigation.Catherine assists clients with internal investigations and compliance reviews. She also represents corporate and individual clients in state and federal court, as well as in connection with investigations by the U.S. Congress and the Department of Justice.
She has represented clients in a variety of high-stakes criminal and civil litigation matters involving securities fraud, data privacy and security, and civil and criminal forfeitures. Catherine also has particular experience in representing clients in cases brought under the FCA.Catherine maintains an active pro bono practice, with a particular focus on individuals facing the death penalty. Her work in this area includes representation of defendants during both the guilt and penalty phases of their capital trials.
Catherine also advises on, and writes about, Title IX litigation issues facing colleges and universities.
- Maintains an active pro bono practice, with a particular focus on death penalty cases.
- Handles white collar criminal defense, government investigations and complex civil litigation.
- Has particular experience in cases brought under the False Claims Act (FCA).
- Represented one of the nation’s largest operators of skilled nursing facilities in a multiweek jury trial that resulted in judgment of no liability under the FCA.
- Counseled a major generic pharmaceutical company in large, multidistrict class action litigation involving alleged reverse payments.
- Represented a federal employee appearing before the House Financial Services Committee
- Advised a hedge fund manager in a high-profile insider trading criminal trial involving the first use of wiretaps in an insider trading case.
- Provided legal advice to a large regional marketer of petroleum products in a suit alleging violations of federal and state franchise laws.
- J.D., The Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law, magna cum laude, 2007
- M.S., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 2001
- B.S., Georgia Southern University, 1999
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$