Catherine A. Curtis vehemently advocates for financial services clients as a second-generation Texas attorney. Catherine grew up in her father’s Dallas law office, answering phones and typing letters when she was just 12 years old.
This informal mentorship sparked her choice for a legal career. An innate problem-solver, she finds it rewarding to carry on the family profession helping clients work through obstacles. Global insurance clients turn to Catherine for policy analysis and commercial defense as well as general commercial litigation.
Her background defending large banks, mortgage servicers and other financial institutions in Texas state and federal courts as well as creditors’ rights matters in U.S. Bankruptcy Court make her adept at evaluating risk and exposure before they become courtroom matters.
- Guided client mediation and other settlement negotiations.
- Represented mortgage lending and servicing clients in various stages of civil litigation defense, including bankruptcy adversary proceedings.
- Served on secondment at U.S. mortgage servicer with portfolio of approximately $500 billion and more than 3 million customers as in-house counsel providing support for litigation intake group and advising client on new nationwide federal and state lawsuits.
- Represented media company creditor in various stages of complex Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
Community Leadership :
- Legal Hospice of Texas, Board of Directors
- Advocates for Community Transformation
- Southern Methodist University, Animal Welfare
- J.D., SMU Dedman School of Law
- B.A., Hendrix College
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Western District of Texas
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Bankruptcy Lawyers
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
Rate : $$$$