Catherine C. Hood represents issuers, underwriters and institutional investors in a wide variety of public and private securities offerings. She has extensive experience in financings for public utility and competitive energy company issuers.
Cathy works on the full range of debt and equity offerings, including offerings of first mortgage and collateral trust bonds, unsecured notes, tax-exempt debt, high-yield debt, hybrid securities, equity units, capital markets offerings for projects and specialty retail products, as well as traditional common and preferred equity.
She also advises borrowers and lenders in commercial lending transactions. Her practice involves substantial utility mortgage and indenture work, asset-based finance work, general corporate counseling, advice as to disclosure and compliance under the federal securities laws and corporate and financial restructuring advice.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented the underwriters in offerings by DTE Energy Company of $675 million of equity units and $1 billion of senior notes to fund the purchase of midstream natural gas gathering assets.
- Represented the underwriters in a $500 million senior notes offering by Darden Restaurants to fund the purchase of Cheddar’s Restaurant Holding Corp.
- Represented the underwriters in an offering by DTE Energy Company of $300 million of its junior subordinated debentures.
- Represented Louisville Gas and Electric and Kentucky Utilities in registered offerings of over $1.5 billion of first mortgage bonds.
- Represented Talen Energy Supply in a remarketing of $230.57 million of tax-exempt bonds issued on its behalf.
- Represented PPL EnergyPlus LLC and affiliates in establishing an $800 million secured energy trading facility to provide credit support for its trading operations.
- Served as designated purchasers’ counsel in several offerings of first mortgage bonds by DTE Electric Company and DTE Gas Company.
- Represented the initial purchasers in Rule 144A offerings of senior notes of a closely held public utility holding company.
- Advised a utility company with respect to securitizing dedicated rate receivables and assisted with the drafting of enabling legislation.
- Advised investor-owned utilities on corporate and financial restructuring matters in connection with electric industry deregulation and disaggregation.
- J.D., Cornell Law School, 1987
- A.B., Harvard University, 1984
ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$