Catherine A. Miller focuses her practice on business litigation, representing both plaintiffs and defendants in federal and state courts and arbitrations. Her experience includes representing clients in Telephone and Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) and Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) class action matters, real estate litigation, and routinely litigating commercial breach of contract, tortious interference, and restrictive covenant disputes.
A significant portion of her practice involves handling employment litigation disputes on behalf of restaurant companies. Cathy has defended multiple labor charges before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB).
Cathy served as delegate and former board member of the Coalition of Women’s Initiatives in Law. She was also a member of the board of directors for Step Up Women’s Network, for which she also served as assistant vice chair.
- U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission:Represented the largest franchisee of a national quick service restaurant chain in the nation’s largest sexual harassment pattern and practice case brought by the EEOC.
- National Labor Relations Board: Represented the largest franchisee of a national quick service restaurant chain in multiple labor charges before the NLRB in four states.
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act: Represented client in obtaining dismissal of a TCPA lawsuit at the motion to dismiss stage.
- Real Estate: Represented restaurant companies in multiple right of first refusal (ROFR) disputes, with the clients ultimately exercising their ROFR rights.
- J.D., University of Illinois College of Law, 1999, cum laude
- B.A., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, English, 1993
Bar Admissions : Illinois
Court Admissions :
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Coalition of Women’s Initiatives in Law, Board Member, 2011-2014; Treasurer, 2012; Delegate 2001-2014
- University of Illinois College of Law Lawyer-to-Lawyer Mentoring Program, Mentor, 2014
- Step Up Women’s Network, Assistant Vice Chair, Board of Directors, 2010-2012
Rate : $$$