Cathy A. Kamm’s primary practice involves preparing the defense of companies in complex product liability and tort matters. She has experience in state and federal courts throughout Florida involving all aspects of litigation including motion practice, pretrial discovery, mediation, depositions, expert discovery, and case management at all stages.
Cathy has served a variety of roles on dozens of case teams and trial teams representing Philip Morris USA Inc. in wrongful death and personal injury lawsuits. Cathy has also handled discovery and depositions regarding complex attorneys’ fee disputes.
Cathy previously served as an assistant state attorney in the Fourth Judicial Circuit of Florida. As a prosecutor for three years, Cathy handled numerous jury trials as lead and co-counsel, including co-counsel on two first degree murder trial convictions.
Before leaving the office, Cathy prosecuted felony cases in the Special Assault Unit, handling sex crimes, crimes against children and aggravated domestic battery cases.
Cathy’s passion extends beyond her everyday work into her pro bono work and involvement in the legal and local community. She advocates for individual children in foster care through her roles as an attorney ad litem for Crossroads for Florida Kids and a pro bono attorney for the Guardian ad Litem Program.
Cathy was recognized for her exceptional pro bono service in 2013 and every year since by the Supreme Court of Florida, the Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar, the Florida Pro Bono Coordinators Association, and the Bay Area Legal Services Volunteer Lawyers Program.
Promoting diversity and inclusion is extremely important to Cathy as well. She received Shook’s “Mosaic Award” in 2013, recognizing her for outstanding efforts to promote diversity in the workplace.
Cathy has also been actively involved in the Hillsborough County Bar Association’s Diversity Committee and previously served as the co-chair for the Education and Awareness subcommittee for Shook’s Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Florida Fredric G. Levin College of Law, 2005J.D., cum laude, University of Florida Fredric G. Levin College of Law, 2005
- Pro Bono Certificate
- Family Law Certificate
- Center on Children and Families, Fellow
- Teaching Assistant (Legal Research & Writing, Appellate Advocacy)
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers Merit Scholarship
- Stetson University College of Law, International Law Study Abroad Program, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 2004
- B.A., cum laude, University of Florida College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, 2002 (Political Science, with minor in Education)
- Florida Blue Key Leadership Honorary
- University of Florida Presidential Recognition for Outstanding Achievement and Contributions
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- The Florida Bar, Judicial Nominating Procedures Committee (2016)
- Federal Bar Association, Tampa Bay Chapter
- Hillsborough Association for Women Lawyers
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Diversity Committee
- University of Florida Law, Alumni Council (2011-Present)
- Cheatwood Inn of Court, Barrister (2011-14)
- American Bar Association, Section of Litigation and Young Lawyers Division, 2015 Florida YLD National Delegate and Spring YLD National Conference Host Committee
- South Tampa YMCA Advisory Board
- Community Campaign, Co-Chair (2015-16)
- Board Development Committee (2014-16)
- Youth Development Committee (2013-14)
- The Junior League of Tampa (2008-Present)
- Advocacy Manager and Management Council (2016-17)
- Leadership Council (2015-17)
- Community Advisory Council (2015-16)
- Luminaries Award Chair (2015-16)
- Project Development and Evaluation Committee (2014-15)
- Love Bundles Committee, Assistant Chair (2013-14)
- Connected by 25 Committee, Special Events Coordinator (2012-13)
- Diversity Task Force (2012-13)
- Love Bundles Committee, Children’s Home Society Coordinator (2011-12)
- Community Action Committee, Coordinator (2010-11)
- Provisional Education Liaison (2009-10)
- Lawyers for Literacy Program (2013-14)
- Jacksonville Children’s Chorus, Board of Directors (2008)
- Duval County School System, Volunteer Mentor (2007-08)
Rate : $$$