Cathyana Jean-Baptiste leads her private wealth practice with a passion for building legacies. Whether securing future generations by drafting wills, revocable trusts, power of attorneys and advance health care directives, or maximizing benefits for loved ones by scrutinizing state and federal tax concerns, Cathyana always considers the people behind the numbers.
That personable approach to planning, coupled with her experience as a tax attorney, creates solid bonds between Cathyana and her clients.
- Drafts wills, revocable trusts, power of attorneys and advance health care directives, as well as other related documents.
- Assists clients with probate and trust administration, including fiduciary accounting.
- Advised multinational corporations, privately held companies and partnerships on the tax aspects of structuring and executing transactions.
- Interpreted complex legislative and regulatory actions relating to corporate, partnership and international transactions, such as the application of the proposed treasury regulations under section 385 on related party debt financing.
- LL.M., Taxation, Georgetown University Law Center, 2016
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 2015; Corporate and Business Law Society; Black Law Students Association
- B.A., University of Miami, 2012; Political Science and Economics
Admissions : District of Columbia
Rate : $$$