Cavas Shapur Pavri advises U.S. and international public and private companies and investment banks in securities offerings, corporate governance and general corporate matters. He builds a level of trust with clients through his calm demeanor and organized approach, which he brings while handling both daily business matters and tense, high-stakes transactions.
Cavas assists public and private companies in their capital-raising activities, including public offerings, private placements of equity and debt securities, and mergers and acquisitions.
He counsels public companies in the preparation of 1933 and 1934 Act filings, stock exchange compliance matters and shareholder matters. He also regularly works with investment banks on a variety of complex securities transactions, including IPOs, registered direct offerings, confidentially marketed public offerings and PIPEs.
As part of Schiff Hardin’s China Practice, Cavas has significant experience advising Chinese clients with securities listed on major U.S. securities exchanges and that access the U.S. equity markets. He also advises investment banks doing business with Chinese companies.
- Representing investment banking clients as underwriters’ counsel in IPOs and follow-on public offerings of securities. Completing numerous “overnight” registered offerings as well as confidentially marketed public offerings.
- Serving as outside securities counsel to several public companies, including companies listed on the NYSE, Nasdaq and NYSE MKT.
- Advising public company clients regarding SEC regulations and corporate governance matters.
- Representing public company clients in IPOs and follow-on public offerings of common stock.
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M., 1998
- University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 1997
- University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A., 1994
Rate : $$$