Cecil E. Martin is the office managing partner of the firm’s Baltimore office. His transactional practice focuses on energy transactions and regulation, debt finance, with a focus on asset-based lending and receivables finance, business combinations, and securities law, in addition to a wide range of other legal services including project development, construction contracting, and product and software licensing and distribution.
His industry focus includes energy, financial services and life sciences. Local and international companies, from emerging growth to Fortune 500, regularly rely on his advice and counsel.
- Assisted a private-equity backed commodity trading and trade finance firm in its $25 million trade financing and offtake arrangement with a large U.S. coal producer.
- Represented a specialty financing company in its financing of an Alaskan oil and natural gas producer backed by interests in mineral rights and $90 million of Alaskan oil and natural gas tax credits.
- Represented a large U.S. private equity fund in its financing of a Gulf coast oil and natural gas producer backed by its interest in mineral rights and leases, vessels and other specialized collateral.
- Represented a large U.S. power generator in a $1 billion power purchase agreement with a Northeastern U.S. utility.
- Representation of Intralytix, Inc., a leader in bacteriophage technology, in connection with a $17.5 million equity investment by Lesaffre, a France-based manufacturer and marketer of innovative solutions for biotechnology.
- Representation of a private equity fund in the $1 billion acquisition of Textron’s fluid and power division.
- Representation of the sellers of a national immunoglobulin home infusion company to one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical services companies in a stock sale.
- Representation of a private equity fund in a $40,000,000 investment in Series E Preferred Shares issued to finance the acquisition of a municipal waste landfill.
- Representation of a publicly traded voice-over-Internet protocol (VOIP) telecommunications company in its acquisition of a New York-based competitive local exchange carrier targeting niche immigrant markets.
- Representation of a large materials handling equipment manufacturer in its acquisition of all of the assets of a manufacturer of environmental control equipment out of bankruptcy.
- University of Pennsylvania, JD, Editor, University of Pennsylvania Journal of International Economic Law, 1996
- The College of William & Mary, BA, cum laude, 1993
Admissions : Maryland
- Director, Young Audiences of Maryland
- Director, Maryland Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
- Executive Leadership Team, American Heart Association
Rate : $$$$