Cecile L. Gordon practices in the area of health care law. She has significant experience in matters relating to federal and state regulation of health care providers, Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement, fraud and abuse, compliance programs, hospital/physician financial arrangements and joint ventures, Louisiana Hospital Service District laws, licensure and accreditation, drafting and negotiation of contracts, medical staff issues, risk management, PACE, HIPAA and EMTALA.
Her clients include hospitals, hospital service districts, physicians, physician group practices, ambulatory surgery centers, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, IDTFs, imaging centers, health care clinics, FQHCs, physical therapy practices and pharmacies.
Ms. Gordon has provided legal representation as part-time in-house counsel for a major teaching hospital. Prior to law school, she spent several years working as a clinical assistant for physicians in group practice, hospital and clinic settings.
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 1991; Tulane Law Review; Order of the Coif
- Newcomb College of Tulane University, B.A., cum laude, 1972
ADMISSIONS : Louisiana
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Association for Women Attorneys
- Louisiana Hospital Association
- Representation of health care providers in stock and asset sales and acquisitions, including associated licensure, permitting and certification matters.
- Local counsel for real estate and Louisiana contract issues for lease of Louisiana hospital service district and for acquisition of assisted living facility.
- Representation of hospitals, nursing homes and other providers in response to licensure, certification and accreditation surveys.
- Drafting and negotiation of documents for purchases of medical office buildings.
- Representation of health care providers in appeals to Provider Reimbursement Review Board in disputes over Medicare reimbursement.
Rate : $$$