Cecilia Sanabria focuses her practice on complex patent litigation and client counseling in the mechanical, industrial, and electrical fields. She represents clients before U.S. district courts and the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC). She has been selected as an “HNBA Top Lawyer under 40” by the Hispanic National Bar Association.
Cecilia’s litigation experience spans the pre-trial, discovery, trial, and post-trial phases of litigation, and includes arguing motions in open court and examining witnesses in jury trials and hearings before the ITC. She manages fact discovery, drafts motions and legal briefs, and works with fact and expert witnesses.
Cecilia also works with various aspects of patent prosecution and U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) proceedings, including inter partes reviews. She also has experience in drafting licensing and settlement agreements.
In addition to her litigation and counseling practice, Cecilia devotes a portion of her time to pro bono matters. She worked on landlord-tenant and social security disability disputes, representing Spanish-speaking clients, through the firms work with the D.C. Bar, and has represented criminal defendants in the Supreme Court of Virginia.
While obtaining her engineering degree, Cecilia worked for General Electric and was involved in engineering design in the area of aircraft engines as well as technical sales of medical systems.
- Georgetown University Law Center J.D., cum laude, 2009
- University of Florida B.S., Mechanical Engineering, cum laude, 2005
- District of Columbia
Professional Activities :
- Hispanic National Bar Association (chair of IP section, 2015-2016; chair of Midyear Corporate Counsel Conference Awards Committee, 2014-present; co-chair of Midyear Corporate Counsel Conference CLE Planning Committee, 2013-2014)
- Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Licensing Executive Society (LES)
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$