Cecily A. Dumas represents clients across diverse industries in all facets of financial distress, notably debt restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, and chapter 11 cases. Her significant background with business insolvency has led to favorable results for debtors, creditors’ committees, chapter 11 trustees, secured and unsecured creditors, lessors and assets acquirers.
Creative and collaborative, Cecily’s strengths as a bankruptcy attorney have led to a solid reputation with leaders in technology, healthcare, biopharmaceuticals, real estate, energy and other fields. Cecily is frequently asked to speak on panels and at corporate events, sharing her knowledge of the complex processes and procedures of bankruptcy cases.
- Restructuring counsel to a nonprofit healthcare system in the divestiture and recapitalization of its $700 million Catholic hospital network.
- Counsel to the chapter 11 trustee in the bankruptcy cases of mortgage loan originator and blind pool fund involving $180 million Ponzi scheme-related claims.
- Represented more than 175 former partners in the bankruptcies of three major law firms with respect to claims by trustees for recovery of partner distributions and unfinished business claims.
- Ongoing representations of several Fortune 500 Silicon Valley companies regarding customer credit and bankruptcy matters. Possess experience in treatment of technology equipment leases and licenses in bankruptcy.
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Bay Area Bankruptcy Forum: Board Member (2014 to 2016)
- Bar Association of San Francisco, Commercial Law & Bankruptcy Section: Chair (2002)
- Northern District of California: Ninth Circuit Lawyer Representative (2009 to 2012)
Community : San Francisco Youth Soccer: Board of Directors
- J.D., Golden Gate University School of Law
- A.B., University of California, Berkeley
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Rate : $$$