Ms. Cecily J. McLeod is senior counsel and has a national litigation practice focusing on employment law, construction law and commercial disputes. Ms. McLeod handles every phase of litigation from case investigation to litigating bench and jury trials and filing and responding to appeals.
She has successfully argued motions and litigated trials in both state and federal court. Ms. McLeod has substantive experience in all types of dispute resolution forums including mediation, state, federal and international arbitration, and state, federal and international litigation.
Ms. McLeod’s employment practice centers on assisting corporate entities with all aspects of employment-related business operations, including the creation and implementation of policies and procedures; training for staff and supervisors; administrative investigations; mediation; litigation; trial; and appeal.
In addition to her focus on commercial litigation, employment counseling and litigation and counseling and litigation relating to public contracts and construction, Ms. McLeod also has experience in a broad range of legal subject matter including sports, insurance, state and federal consumer and creditors’ law, bankruptcy and intellectual property.
Ms. McLeod formerly served as a Contract Compliance Officer for the City of Atlanta’s Office of Compliance, a position of appointment from the Mayor’s Office. She is a founding member and former Chairwoman of the World Affairs Council of Atlanta Young Leaders. And, she is a 2014 graduate of Leadership Buckhead and a 2011 graduate of the State Bar of Georgia Young Lawyers Leadership Academy.
- J.D., cum laude, The University of Florida Fredric G. Levin College of Law, 2006
- B.A., with honors, Political Science, Minor in Business Administration, Certificate in International Business, The University of Florida, 2002
- Institute for American Universities, Aix-en-Provence, France, Summer, 2002
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Washington D.C.
- Member of the Firm’s Diversity Committee
- International Rescue Committee- Advisory Board Member
- Leadership Buckhead Graduate
- Atlantik-Brücke Transatlantic Young Leader Alumni
- State Bar of Georgia Young Lawyer Division- Board (2009 – 2010); Graduate of Leadership Academy (2011)
Community Involvement :
- Advisory Board, International Rescue Committee, Atlanta
- Grady High School Mock Trial Team- Coach (2010 – 2012 State Champion and Top 10 National Teams)
- Programming Co-Chair, World Affairs Council of Atlanta Young Leaders
- World Affairs Council of Atlanta- Steering Committee Member (2015 – Present)
Rate : $$$