Cedric A. Powell is an associate in the Corporate Practice Group in the firm’s Washington D.C. office. Mr. Powell practices in the areas of corporate law and mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Powell represents private and public companies, investment banks, and private equity firms in corporate and transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and securities offerings.
He has developed extensive expertise in acquisition transactions on behalf of private equity firms and other buy-out sponsors, as well as firms in aerospace, defense, technology, manufacturing, automotive and healthcare industries. Mr. Powell has represented both public and private sector clients in the United States and abroad.
- Represented Riordan Lewis & Haden (RLH) and its portfolio company, Illuminate Holdings, LLC, in connection with the acquisition of an analytics and cybersecurity business serving the intelligence and defense communities.
- Represented Gryphon Investors in connection with a majority investment in Transportation Insight LLC, a leading provider of enterprise logistics and transportation brokerage services.
- Represented an affiliate of Toyota Motor Corporation (NYSE: ADR) in connection with various commercial transactions involving providers of connected vehicle technologies.
- Represented Queensbridge Venture Partners, LLC in connection with the divestiture of its general partner interest in Queensbridge Fund I (a venture capital fund) to an affiliate of Cherry Tree Investments.
- Represented TP ICAP in connection with the acquisition of Revelation Holdings. Inc. and its subsidiaries SCS Commodities and SCS OTC (an independent energy and commodities broker based in the U.S.).
- Represented Arlington Capital Partners (a private equity firm) in connection with the acquisition of Tex-Tech Industries, Inc., a leading manufacturer of specialty high performance materials serving the aerospace, defense, industrial industries and select sporting applications.
- Represented Arlington Capital Partners in connection with its acquisition of Molecular Products Groups, Ltd., a UK-based manufacturer of advanced chemistry-based products serving the healthcare, defense and industrial markets.
- Represented Oak Tree Development (a Washington DC-based real estate development firm) in connection with the negotiation of construction agreements and project finance arrangements for various real estate development projects in the Washington DC area.
- Represented CACI International, Inc. (NYSE: CACI) in connection with its acquisition of the National Security Solutions business of L-3 Communications, Inc. (NYSE: LLL).
- Represented an affiliate of Mitsubishi Corporation (TYO: 8058) in connection with its investment in a joint venture with a Texas-based wind tower manufacturer.
- Represented a Texas-based private equity fund in connection with the roll-up of a fuel distribution business into a multi-state fuel distribution joint venture vehicle.
- Represented a national real estate development company in connection with the buy-out of its previous partner’s interest in a 28,000-acre master-planned community in Texas.
- J.D., Southern Methodist University, 2009, cum laude
- B.B.A., Howard University, 2003, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
Rate : $$$$