Dr. Chad E. Davis counsels companies, investors, and entrepreneurs on intellectual property matters, especially patent matters. Dr. Davis has extensive experience in prosecution and strategic development of worldwide patent portfolios, intellectual property due diligence, risk assessment through, for example, validity and infringement analyses, post-grant patent proceedings, and intellectual property contracts.
Dr. Davis represents clients in a diverse range of technologies, including pharmaceuticals, drug delivery technologies, crystal forms, organic dyes, chemical processes, polymers, proteins, antibodies, stem cell technology, medical diagnostics, medical imaging, microfluidic devices, adhesives, analytical chemistry, foams, cosmetics, and optical technologies.
For companies developing pharmaceuticals, Dr. Davis provides counsel through all aspects of the business cycle with particular acumen for developing and implementing strategies to maximize worldwide patent and regulatory exclusivities for the pharmaceutical product.
Dr. Davis was recognized by the National Law Journal as a “Rising Star” in the Boston area. Prior to joining Dechert, Dr. Davis was a partner at another law firm.
- Ball State University, B.S., 1998, summa cum laude
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Ph.D., Chemistry, 2003
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 2007
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- American Chemical Society
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
- Centrexion Therapeutics Corporation, a pharmaceutical company developing medicines to treat pain, to manage intellectual property matters including development and implementation of strategies to procure patent protection for multiple small molecule therapeutic agents in human clinical trials
- Lycera Corporation, a pharmaceutical company developing medicines to treat autoimmune disease and cancer, to manage intellectual property matters including development and implementation of strategies to procure patent protection for multiple small molecule therapeutic agents in human clinical trials
- Implements patent portfolio strategies to establish domestic and international patent protection and performs intellectual property due diligence investigations on behalf of investors, financial institutions, and companies in advance of investments in privately held companies and public offerings of securities for public companies
- Counsels clients on intellectual property risk assessment, post-grant patent proceedings and disputes concerning ownership, inventorship, validity and infringement of intellectual property rights
Rate : $$$$