Chad E. Wallace advises employers on employment-related and general business topics, including FMLA, disability and leave issues and termination issues. Working in the Firm’s Johnson City office, Mr. Wallace represents clients before administrative agencies, and defends them in state and federal courts on age discrimination claims, gender discrimination and harassment claims, retaliation claims and enforces noncompetition covenants.
Mr. Wallace also represents businesses in defense of personal injury claims, including premises liability and security cases. He is a member of the Firm’s 24 Hour Motor Carrier Emergency Response Team, a group of attorneys dedicated to providing rapid post-accident intervention and investigation throughout the Firm’s footprint and beyond, whenever and wherever you need us.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., 2001, magna cum laude
- University of Tennessee, B.S., 1998, magna cum laude
- Tennessee, 2001
- Kentucky, 2009
- Virginia, 2018
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee, 2001
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky, 2009
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee, 2016
- Obtained summary judgment and dismissal of all claims for a national restaurant chain in a slip-and-fall personal injury case.
- Obtained summary judgment and dismissal of all claims in Kentucky federal court for a life insurance company in a case claiming breach of contract and bad faith claims practices.
- Obtained defense jury verdict for a national provider of funeral and cemetery services after a three-day trial in an age and gender discrimination case in which plaintiff sought over $350,000 in back pay and compensatory and liquidated damages, and an additional sum for punitive damages.
- Obtained bench trial judgment and dismissal of all claims in Tennessee state court for an insurance company in a case involving breach of contract and potential damages under Tennessee’s bad faith statute.
- Obtained summary judgment and dismissal of all claims in Tennessee federal court for a regional staffing service in a case in which the plaintiff alleged gender discrimination and retaliation under Title VII.
- Obtained summary judgment and dismissal of all claims for an insurance company in a breach of contract, uninsured motorist and bad faith case in Tennessee federal court.
- Obtained summary judgment and dismissal of all claims in federal court for a life insurance company on breach of contract and bad faith refusal-to-pay claims by plaintiff.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Member – Federal, American, Tennessee, Kentucky, Washington County and Kingsport Bar Associations
- Board of Directors – Holston Valley Futbol Club-FC Dallas-TRI, 2016
- Recipient – Baker Donelson’s 2009 Johnson City Office Pro Bono Award
- Member, Board of Directors – Mountain Region Speech & Hearing Center (2002 – 2009)
- Chairman, Board of Directors – Mountain Region Speech & Hearing Center (2008)
Rate : $$$$