Chad R. Fuller is a partner in the firm’s Consumer Financial Services practice with a primary focus in Financial Services Litigation. He is an accomplished trial attorney who has served as lead counsel in state and federal courts across the country in which he represents clients in consumer class actions and general business litigation.
Chad devotes his practice to representing businesses who are interested in ensuring compliance with an array of growing laws in the consumer financial services fields.
He concentrates his practice on the many “alphabet soup” federal consumer protection statutes such as the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (“FDCPA”) and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”).
In particular, Chad is one of the few attorneys in the country that tries TCPA cases to verdict. He has managed hundreds of TCPA lawsuits in trial, mediation, and settlements.
He also has substantial experience defending major consumer class action litigation in cases alleging false advertising and product defects, as well as cases alleging inappropriate charging of fees and services by a variety of businesses, including computer, software, telecommunications, home warranty, insurance brokerage, and auto finance companies. He also has experience defending privacy and security litigation and associated regulatory issues.
Representative Matters :
- Lindblom v. Santander Consumer USA Inc., No. 1:15-cv-00990 (E.D. Cal. January 26, 2018): Defeated Motion for Class Certification in Rosenthal Act class action.
- Hibler v. Santander Consumer USA Inc. – Represent Santander in a nationwide TCPA class action in connection with consumer auto finance lending and debt-collection.
- Espejo v. Santander Consumer USA Inc. – Represent Santander in a nationwide TCPA class action in connection with consumer auto finance lending and debt-collection.
- Kinder v. Microsoft – Represent Microsoft in a California class action involving TCPA claims alleging improper use of predictive dialers. Case dismissed at pleading stage.
- Beard v. Bank of America – Represent Bank of America in a complicated lease improvement dispute in downtown La Jolla dating back to the 1950s.
- Oppenheimer Funds – Represented former employee in connection with FBI investigation and criminal allegations against Broadcom.
Professional Experience :
- Judicial Extern, Honorable Napoleon A. Jones, Jr., U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- From 1981-1989, Chad served in the U.S. Marine Corps and attained the rank of sergeant, meritoriously. As a sergeant, he was the honor graduate and first in his class at Non-Commissioned Officer Leadership Academy, Class 187.
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 1997
- University of California, San Diego, B.A., 1993
BAR ADMISSIONS : California
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Rate : $$$$