Chad A. Shultz is the Co-Managing Partner of the Atlanta office. His primary focus is employment litigation and labor arbitration. Mr. Shultz is a practice group leader for the Firm’s Employment section, and he leads a team of skilled attorneys in Atlanta that assists employers with preventing legal challenges through policy development, training and counseling.
In the event those “opportunities” cannot be prevented, his team litigates, mediates, and arbitrates to a successful resolution. Mr. Shultz is also experienced in virtually all areas of commercial litigation, including product liability, personal injury, and misappropriation of trade secrets.
For the past 30 years, Mr. Shultz has litigated in state and federal courts in 29 states (including over 20 jury trials) and has conducted over 65 labor arbitrations. As a certified mediator, he has successfully resolved over 100 employment law matters.
Mr. Shultz also assists companies by serving as “settlement counsel” on complex or difficult to resolve matters with the sole focus of settling claims to reduce defense costs significantly.
- LL.M., Litigation, Emory University School of Law, 1989
- J.D., University of South Dakota School of Law, 1987
- B.S., University of Wisconsin Oshkosh, 1984
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
Mr. Shultz serves on the executive board for the Atlanta Legal Aid Society (past President). He is a trustee on the national board for the Boys & Girls Clubs of America and serves as past-President on the board for the A.R. “Gus” Barksdale Boys & Girls Club in Conyers, GA. Additionally, Mr. Shultz is an adjunct professor at Emory Law School teaching an employment discrimination lab class, a position he has held since 2009.
- Won a jury trial in a pregnancy/FMLA retaliation case in Florida Federal court.
- Obtained a summary judgment in a same sex sexual harassment case in Federal court in Wyoming.
- Obtained summary judgment in California state court in a whistleblower case for a large hospital.
- Successfully defended several grievances through arbitration for clients in the manufacturing, hospital and airline industries.
- Won summary judgment for a national transportation company in a sexual harassment case prosecuted by the EEOC.
Rate : $$$$