Chalon N. Clark is a litigator who assists clients in contracts disputes, contract and lease risk mitigation, employer/employee relations, collection-related matters, foreclosures, fraud, banking, partnership, real property, mortgage lending, construction and brokerage/securities issues.
Chalon also represents clients in employment-related lawsuits, including claims related to discrimination, noncompete and theft of trade secrets. In addition, she has experience drafting employee handbooks, policies and codes of conduct. Chalon serves on the firm’s Diversity Council.
- Secured $1.45 million jury verdict in accounting malpractice case claiming negligent misrepresentation on financial statements; affirmed on appeal.
- Avoided $7.5 million claim and class action certification, winning motion for summary judgment in federal court in case alleging tortious interference and violations of the Texas Optometry Act. The result was a take-nothing judgment for plaintiff.
- Disposed of more than 200 mortgage defense cases via summary judgment, including award of attorney fees, based on wrongful foreclosure, fraud and breach of contract.
Community Leadership :
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, Mentor, 2009 – 2012
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Foundation, Fellow, Scholarship Committee, 2017-present
- Big Thought, Host Committee, Fair Park Live Presenter, 2012, 2013, 2017
- Dallas Bar Foundation, Fellow; Bar None Show, Cast Member
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- J.D., University of Texas at Austin School of Law
- B.B.A., University of Houston
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Professional Associations and Memberships :
- American Bar Association
- Committee for a Qualified Judiciary, Panel Chair, 2018
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, Co-Chair, Judicial Internship Committee, Judiciary Committee
- Dallas Bar Association, Board of Directors, Judiciary Committee, Minority Participation Committee, Bench-Bar Committee
- Dallas Black Women Attorneys Association, 2012 Chair, 2011 Co-Chair
- JL Turner Legal Association, Mentorship Program Mentor, 2012
- State Bar of Texas, CLE Committee, 2012-2014
- The University of Texas School of Law Recruiting Committee
Rate : $$$$