Chana E. Ickowitz is an associate in the firm’s Labor and Employment Group who focuses her practice on workplace issues and litigation. She has experience assisting clients with personnel policies, employee handbooks and decisions involving possible termination of employees.
Chana works with companies and organizations across a wide range of industries including healthcare, hospitals and entertainment. She focuses on proactive counseling and working with clients to develop policies, procedures and practices that minimize liability.
As a litigator, Chana is also able to assist clients in commercial litigation matters, including claims of breach of contract and unjust enrichment, and fraud and negligent misre presentation.
During her summers in law school, Chana was an extern at the Los Angeles County Superior Court, working on matters involving the Fair Employment and Housing Act, and breach of contract claims.
She was also an intern at Warner Bros.’ in the Litigation division of the Corporate Legal Department. There, Chana worked on matters involving copyright infringement, and breach of contract claims.
- Representing high-profile director and producer’s estate in connection with a commission dispute with a well-known talent agency.
- Conducting an employee investigation and writing a report advising the client on how to handle various employee relations issues.
- Providing healthcare reform updates to a client to inform the client of changes that arose under the Affordable Care Act.
- J.D. UCLA School of Law 2013
- B.A. History, with honors University of California at Berkeley 2009
Bar Admissions : California
Community : Chana currently sits on the Los Angeles Committee of the Venable Foundation. The foundation works to promote the health and well-being of communities across the country.
Rate : $$$