Chandler P. Thompson is a partner in the Consumer Financial Services Practice Group. His practice has included a wide variety of commercial litigation matters including extensive experience in consumer lending, construction litigation, toxic tort, and insurance litigation.
In recent years, Chandler has devoted his practice to defending lenders in wrongful foreclosure litigation, including claims arising under the Truth in Lending Act, Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and various state laws.
Chandler also has a considerable depth of experience in construction litigation and real estate development law, handling numerous cases related to the construction of oil and gas pipelines, industrial dairy operations, and condominiums, as well as cases related to development entitlements, environmental law, and municipal regulation.
- J.D., University of Georgia School of Law, 2001, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif; Georgia Law Review, Editorial Board
- B.S., University of Montana, Missoula, Resource Conservation, 1997, with high honors
Bar Admissions : Georgia; Utah; Wyoming; Montana
Court Admissions :
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, District of Utah
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Utah Supreme Court
Professional Experience :
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Leah W. Sears, Chief Justice, Supreme Court of Georgia, 2005-2007
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Norman S. Fletcher, Chief Justice, Supreme Court of Georgia, 2003-2005
- Salt Lake County Bar Association, Executive Committee, Member
Rate : $$$